2023 Winter Wrestling Program
Mayor Derek Armstead, the City of Linden, and the Department of Parks & Recreation are pleased to announce the 2023 Winter Wrestling Program. Our program has produced League and State champions! No experience needed. No one is too big or too small to wrestle!
Click here to view and/or download the informational flyer for this program.
- Who: For children ages 8 through 18.
- What: Instruction on basic wrestling techniques and skills to improve one’s body awareness and overall confidence. All participants must have their own wrestling shoes. No experience needed! No one is too big or too small to wrestle!
- Where: McManus Middle School, which is located at 300 Edgewood Road.
- When: Program runs from November 28, 2023 through March 9, 2023. Practices are every Monday through Thursday from 6:30pm until 8pm.
- How: $60 registration fee plus a $6 insurance fee. All participants must have their own wrestling shoes. Register online here, or register in person at the John T. Gregorio Center (330 Helen Street) from 9am until 4pm, or at the Linden Multi Purpose Center (1025 John Street) from 9:30am until 7:30pm. All locations accept checks, money orders, Visa and Mastercard. No cash. No refunds once the session begins. For more information, call (908) 474-8600. Please note: all new “First Time” participants must bring the following original documents at the time of registration and we will make copies:
- Child’s original birth certificate.
- Household bill showing proof of residency.
- Diver’s License or photo ID of parent/guardian signing up their child.