EVENT POSTPONED. More information regarding rescheduling will be posted once available.
Mayor Derek Armstead and the City of Linden have partnered with the Associated Humane Societies to provide Linden residents with the Associated Humane Societies Mobile Unit by appointment only on July 26th.
Services to be offered by appointment only include wellness checks, vaccinations and microchips. No surgeries.
- Who: Available to Linden residents.
- What: Pet wellness exams, vaccinations and microchips.
- When: Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 by appointment only.
- Where: 46 Lower Road, in the P.A.L. Field.
- How: To schedule an appointment, call (973) 824-7080 Ext. 118
|Issue Date: 07/01/2022|
Closing Date: 08/31/2022
Jurisdiction: ALL LOCAL JURISDICTIONS
Num. of Positions: Vacancies Anticipated
Workweek: 40 Hours per week
Application Fee: $35.00
|OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF: New Jersey |
NOTE: Before proceeding, you MUST click here and read the “FIRE FIGHTER FACT SHEET”.
Applicants must be citizens of the United States as of August 31, 2022. Applicants must meet residency preferences specified on the Fire Fighter Fact Sheet as of August 31, 2022. Applicants must be high school or vocational high school graduates, or possess an approved high school equivalent certificate by August 31, 2022. Applicants must be at least 18 years old but not over 35 years old (one is over 35 years old on the day after his/her 35th birthday). An exception to the 35 year age limit is that volunteer Fire Fighters must not be over 40 years old as of their appointment date per NJSA 40A:14-45. Candidates certified from the eligible list may be required to undergo a medical and psychiatric examination administered by the hiring agency. Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position. Appointees must complete a firefighting training program approved by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, Division of Fire Safety, within the timeframe specified by the Appointing Authority. Appointees are not permitted to participate in firefighting activities prior to completion of this training. For some jurisdictions, once appointed, employees may be required to successfully complete an approved Emergency Medical Technician program and maintain certification while employed as a Fire Fighter. Please contact the hiring agency to determine if you will be required to obtain the EMT certification after you are hired. CPR Certification: Appointees may be required to possess a current and valid CPR Certification issued by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association. Candidates must be residents of New Jersey as of August 31, 2022 and as of their appointment date to a Fire Fighter position. Candidates interested in Bilingual in Spanish and English positions will be tested at the time of certification for their bilingual proficiency in reading, writing, speaking and communicating effectively in Spanish. The NJ Fire Fighter Examination Administration Guide and the Fire Fighter Physical Performance Test Manual are available on the Civil Service Commission website. When test dates are established, they will be posted on the CSC website. Appointees must complete a firefighting training program approved by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, Division of Fire Safety, within the timeframe specified by the Appointing Authority. Appointees are not permitted to participate in firefighting activities prior to completion of this training.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must be completed and submitted by 4:00 pm on the closing date.
Customer Care and Technical Support: If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, customer care and technical support are available during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST, Monday – Friday, excluding holidays and emergency closings. Please email: OAS.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (609) 292-4144. Please note that application support requests received outside regular business hours on the closing date will not change the application filing deadline so PLEASE FILE EARLY.
Only on-line applications will be accepted for this announcement. An abbreviated application is being used for this announcement. No additional information regarding your education, experience, training, etc. is required. Please do not send any additional documentation (transcripts, resumes, etc.) to the NJCSC.
*Salaries vary for each jurisdiction.
Per Public Law 2010 c.26, the reduced application fee for Veterans does not apply since this is a Public Safety title.
NJAC 4A:4-2.3(b) states that all requirements must be met as of the closing date. Online applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date listed above. If an employment list results from this announcement, it may be certified to fill full-time and part-time positions. Effective September 1, 2011, the New Jersey First residency law was enacted. Please click here for additional information. Application fees submitted via personal check or money order must be postmarked within five (5) business days of submitting your application. If your fee is postmarked after five (5) business days, or is returned as invalid, you will be declared ineligible and denied admittance to the examination process. The Civil Service Commission is increasing its use of emails as a communication tool. Please ensure that your email is always up-to-date so that important information about the testing process is not missed. Please remember to check your junk mail, spam, and clutter for these important messages.
Read Description of Job and Specification: 01839
Click here to apply via the Online Application System.
- Who: For Linden residents only. Must show ID and children must be present.
- What: The City of Linden will be distributing school backpacks and supplies.
- Where: Raymond Wood Bauer Promenade, which is located at 400 North Wood Avenue.
- When: Monday, August 29th, 2022 from 4pm until 7pm.
Click here to view and/or download the flyer for this event. Disney’s High School Musical is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized materials are supplied by Music Theater International.
- Who: Mystic Vision Players.
- What: Performance of “High School Musical.” Based on the Disney channel original movie written by Peter Barsocchini.
- Where: Susan L. Hudak Auditorium at Linden High School, which is located at 121 West St. Georges Avenue.
- When: July 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th and 30th at 8pm. The July 24th performance is scheduled for 3pm.
- How: To purchase tickets, click here. Admission for adults is $18, and for students and seniors is $15.
Do you have a friend of relative interested in becoming a firefighter? If so, send them here.
Bernstein & Associates, Inc. is offering a firefighter entry exam test prep class with proven results. Increase your test score, receive practice exam questions and added training. Don’t compete with a Bernstein student, be one!
- What: 2-day seminar to prepare you for the New Jersey firefighter entrance exam.
- When July 23th & 24th from 9am until 5pm, August 20th & 21st from 9am until 5pm and August 27th & 28th from 9am until 5pm.
- Where: The July 23-24 and August 27-28 seminars will be held at the Holiday Inn – Newark Airport area, which is located at 160 Frontage Road, Newark. NJ 07114. The August 20-21 seminar will be held at the Tropicana Hotel, which is located at 2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401.
- How: Early registration fee is $595, if paid prior to August 1st, 2022. Regular seminar fee is $645. To register and/or for more information click here, or call (954) 252-0010. Classes will sell out, register today!
Join KMSA for a Summer Soccer Camp. The development camp will be run by KMSA Sporting Director Kayode Mckinnon and Technical Staff Awal Ahmed.
The Summer Soccer Camp will place players in objective moments and reality-based situations that replicate the game.
- Who: Open to children ages 4 through 15. Click the flyer here for more details regarding the age groups.
- What: A soccer skills and focus development camp. Players will be put through their paces with a high level of physical and cognitive demands, all based around their ages and stages of development. The primary focus is on the individual and technical needs of the campers to raise their abilities to complete roles/tasks, as well as detailed information and actions that are crucial to the implementation of the expectations in the game.
- Where: Al Kalla Park, which is located at 2800 Wickersham Avenue.
- When: July 27th to July 8th, 2022. Click the flyer here for more details regarding the time slots for different age groups.
- How: Register here. Please send a confirmation email here notifying us if you will be attend both or just one week of the camp. The KMSA Anything Is Possible Training Jersey must be purchased for the KMSA Summer Soccer Camp. Please indicate the shirt size and the quantity you would like to purchase for the 2 weeks. Please make all payments to Kayode Mckinnon & Co. with check, money order, or pay in cash. The payment can be dropped off at the KMSA Office, which is located on the second floor at 861 South Avenue, Plainfield, NJ 07062. This is the building between two construction sites that has the words Royal Building on the front. The payment can be put through the mail slot on the left front door. Please notify us of the date and time you will be dropping off your payment so KMSA staff can be available to assist if there are any issues finding our office location. Once we have received the confirmation email, we will send all KMSA documents that need to be signed and emailed back to us as soon as possible. Pricing is as follows: Ages 4 – 7 = $220 (Both Weeks) || 1 week = $120 || Sibling Discount – $20 Off per sibling. Ages 8 – 15 = $ 320 (Both Weeks) || 1 week = $170 || Sibling Discount – $20 Off per sibling. KMSA Anything Is Possible Training Jersey – $25 per shirt. Any questions, please call (551) 242-0042, Monday through Friday from 9am until 12pm.
Meet our leaders in Sales, Field, Service Operations, Customer Retention and more! Be sure to bring copies of your resume.
You don’t want to miss the chance to chat with our team. Check out our open roles here.
Mayor Derek Armstead and the City of Linden have partnered with Tiajah’s Dance Mission to sponsor a free dance class!! Everyone deserves a chance to dance. Click here to view and/or download the flyer for this event.