The Linden Food Delivery Program for our Sick & Shut-In Seniors during this pandemic has been a great success. I am thankful to God, our donors and our volunteers. Please continue to check in on your elderly neighbors. Our seniors are the most vulnerable to coronavirus. If you know of a sick and shut-in senior, please call my office.
Governor Murphy issued an Executive Order moving the Primary Election, which has caused other important dates to move as well.
- May 13 – Deadline for Change of Party Affiliation Declaration Forms for Primary Election to be Filed with County Commissioners of Registration.
- May 30 – Commencement of Mailing Regular Mail-In Ballots for Primary Election.
- June 16 – Voter Registration Deadline for Primary Election.
- June 30 – Deadline to apply for a Mail-In Ballot by Mail for Primary Election.
- July 7 – Primary Election Day and Deadline for In Person Handing in of Mail-In Ballot.
- July 9 – Deadline for Receipt of Timely Mailed Postmarked Mail-In Ballots to County Boards of Election.
To apply to Vote By Mail, you can either:
- Fill out a prepaid Voter Registration Application and check Box 1 for “Vote By Mail” and Box 14 “I wish to receive a Mail-in Ballot for all future elections until I request otherwise in writing to the County Clerk’s office.”
- Fill out an Application for Vote By Mail. Find your county form here.
NJ Transit remains committed to the safety of our customers and employees and is working to ensure a safe environment by following the health standards set by the CDC through the sanitation of our facilities and vehicles and the cleanliness practices of our employees. Additionally, NJ Transit remains committed to providing reliable and dependable service.
Per Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 125 requiring all personnel and customers on New Jersey Transit vehicles to wear face coverings, among other requirements, strengthening NJ TRANSIT’s efforts to protect the public during the COVID-19 pandemic, please be advised that:
- NJ Transit now requires all riders to wear a face covering.
- NJ Transit workers are authorized to limit passenger occupancy to 50% of the vehicle’s maximum capacity on all trains, buses and light rails.
- Customers should be using NJ Transit services for essential travel only.
Did you know that over 650 companies are hiring for over 50,000 jobs during this health crisis? If you are looking for work, click here to review job listings.
As each day passes more people are tested and the numbers of those infected increases. We have lost so many Linden residents to COVID-19. Our hearts go out to those families as they mourn the loss of those they love. Please keep them in your prayers. I have a few timely requests for every Linden resident. Please…
- keep everyone that has suffered from this virus in your prayers.
- follow the CDC Guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety.
- stay home unless you are going out for essential items.
- practice social distancing at all times.
- stay home if you are sick.
We are all in this together, and we will continue working together to beat this.
Remember, to effectively communicate the latest COVID-19 information to our residents transparently and as quickly as possible, our COVID-19 Menu on the City website contains useful and current data. With questions concerning COVID-19 please call the Linden Board of Health Office or call the Coronavirus Emergency Hotline at 1-800-222-1222.
Please call my office with questions, concerns, for assistance, or even just to say hi.
Due to reports of Coronavirus cases in the U.S., many people are expressing fear and anxiety about this potentially serious illness. While it is understandable to worry about the health and safety of ourselves and out loved ones, it is important to manage our anxiety. Few make good decisions based on fear, and the 24/7 media coverage – much of it gloomy – often obscures reality and adds to a sense of panic. Taking care of your emotions, especially during times of higher stress and anxiety, is a good first step to protecting yourself. Please read this attachment for more information.
Open to all Boys & Girls Entering K-6th Grade. A Mandatory Parent Meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 6pm at the John T. Gregorio Center at 330 Helen Street, Linden, NJ 07036.