The DPW yard will be closed Saturday, August 20, 2022 for bulk trash, due to roadway paving. For one day only, Saturday, August 20, 2022, residents can take their bulk trash to the recycling center from 8am until 2pm. Bulk trash will resume on Monday, August 22, 2022. Thank you.
The City of Linden municipal offices, with the exception of uniformed services, will be closed on Friday, June 18th in observance of the Juneteenth state holiday. Linden DPW will also be closed on this day.
Sanitation (Green Cart) Collection
- Districts 1, 2, 3, 9 & 10 will be on Wednesday, June 16th
- Districts 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 will be on Thursday, June 17th.
- Districts 1, 2, 3, 9 & 10 will be on June 24th (previously scheduled for June 17th).
- Districts 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 will be on June 25th (previously scheduled for June 18th).
- District 2 will remain on June 16th.
- The Recycling Center and DPW yard bulk drop-off will be closed on June 18th and will reopen on Saturday, June 19th.
Business Sanitation / Commingled / Paper Recycling
- Will be collected on Thursday, June 17th.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Linden DPW @ (908) 474-8666.
DPW asks that all residents check their collection schedules as most of the City’s collection days have been moved up. Specifically, Thursday’s collection is today, Wednesday March 31st, and Friday’s collection is tomorrow, Thursday April 1st.
The Recycling Center @ 2 Donaldson Place and Bulk Trash drop-off at the DPW complex will be closed Friday also, but will reopen as usual on Saturday, April 3rd.
If you have a street that needs to be plowed, please fill out and submit the form below. Always feel free to contact Mayor Armstead’s office at 908 474 8495.
Please be advised that additional snow removal operations are in effect in Linden. See below for specifics.
- Wednesday February 3rd, 8pm – 2am
- Ashton Ave (Entire Length)
- Urbanowitz Ave (Bachelor Ave – Ashton Ave)
- Bachelor Ave (Urbanowitz Ave – US 1)
- Ashton Ave (Entire Length)
- Thursday February 4th, 7am – 3pm
- Academy Terr (N. Stiles St – Dewitt Terr)
- Thursday, February 4th, 8pm – 7am
- Wood Ave (Linden Ave – Henry St)
- Due to the massive snowfall brought on by this Nor’Easter, DPW will be plowing and salting well into Tuesday morning. As a result, commingled (blue cart) recycling tomorrow (Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021) is cancelled.
- After the storm is over, please put your blue carts out and DPW will work the rest of the week to empty them, starting with Districts 1,2,3 9 & 10, then the rest later in the week, possibly into Saturday.
- As of now, garbage will still be collected as per the normal schedule.
- Please do not blow snow into the streets!
Due to expected inclement weather conditions, recycling collection for Monday, February 1st 2021 has been cancelled.
Please do your best to keep cars in driveways when possible during snow, to help our DPW snow removal team quickly and efficiently clear the snow from streets.
Below are collection schedules for 2021. These schedules have also been hand-delivered to every residence. Please click below to view and/or download the revised collection schedules.
Districts 1,2,3,9 & 10
- Wednesday December 23rd – garbage pickup and bagged leaves pickup.
- Wednesday December 30th – garbage pickup.
Districts 4,5,6,7 & 8
- Thursday December 24th – garbage pickup and bagged leaves pickup.
- Thursday December 31st – garbage pickup.
The above dates are already on the Recycle Coach app as well as the DPW calendar.
On Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve the Recycling Center will be closed and there will be no trash drop-off at the DPW yard. Both will reopen on (Saturdays) December 26th and January 2nd.
Attention all residents – all non-commercial Linden residents are allowed to dump a limited amount of bulk trash. No construction debris. Household items, such as furniture and appliances are permitted. This convenience is offered to get rid of a few small items before your next scheduled bulk day. Residents are allowed to drop off items once a week. Please click here for an updated list of rules pertaining to bulk trash drop-offs.