In response to recent events here in our community, the Health Department wants to ensure awareness of local grief and loss support resources. In addition to private one-on-one mental health professional counseling, there are a variety of other free or low-cost resources available, including:
- SAMHSA National Helpline 1-800-662-HELP – free, confidential, 24/7 treatment referral and information (English/Spanish).
- Griefshare Group, Cranford Alliance Church, 908-398-3860.
- Journey Towards Wholeness Bereavement Seminar, First Presbyterian Church of Cranford, 908-251-5641, April 16 – June 4 (virtual).
- WebHealing.com – a site with articles, videos, and memorials on grief, loss, and the healing process.
- Imaginenj.org – grief and bereavement peer-support groups for ages 3 to 30.
- EmotionsAnonymous.org – in-person and virtual 12-step peer-support meetings to help individual improve mental health and wellbeing.