A Juneteenth Celebration: The Cookout
Mayor Derek Armstead, the City of Linden, the Department of Parks & Recreation, the Linden Education Association, your teachers, and educational support professionals invite you to attend a Juneteenth celebration: The Cookout.
Click here to view and/or download the informational flyer for this program.
- What: A Juneteenth celebration: The Cookout, a day of culture, sharing and learning. The Cookout is an engaging showcase that connects the past to the present. We promote connections through storytelling, music, dance and food. We invite you to attend and interact with all participants! Each participant is partnering with our community and schools to increase awareness of what they do best. This day will be filled with learning experiences that will capture the heart of black history and unify the community.
- Where: Raymond Wood Bauer Promenade, which is located at 400 North Wood Avenue.
- When: Saturday, June 17, from 12pm until 4pm.
- Rain Date: Sunday, June 18, from 1pm until 5pm.
- How: Free event. For more details, contact Eric Stanley by email here, or call 908-474-8600.