Eligible Union County Seniors Can Still Apply for Farmers Market Vouchers!
Due to ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19, Farmers Market vouchers for eligible Union County seniors are being distributed only by mail. Each eligible senior can obtain five $6 dollar vouchers for a total of $30 to purchase “Jersey Fresh” fruits, vegetables and herbs at Farmers Markets that display the black and yellow WIC posters.
To be eligible, seniors must be age 60 and older. A single person’s annual income cannot exceed $1,986 per month and a married couple’s combined income may not exceed $2,686 per month.
Eligible seniors who have not yet received vouchers can request a voucher application form by calling the Union County Division on Aging, 908-527-4870, 908-527-4877 or 888-280-8226, weekdays from 8am until 4pm. Eligible seniors can receive a set of vouchers one time per year.
A limited number of vouchers are still available and applications will be evaluated on a “first-come first-served” basis.
Face coverings and social distance may be required when visiting Farmers Market sites during this summer season.
Participating Farmers Market in Union County are located in:
- Cranford (Dreyer Farms, 831 Springfield Avenue)
- Elizabeth (Elizabeth Avenue Farmers’ Market, Union Square between Elizabeth Avenue and High Street)
- Kenilworth ( 455 Boulevard)
- Plainfield (Watchung Avenue and East 6th Street, across from City Hall)
- Rahway (Rahway Farmer’s Market, at NJ Transit Train Station Plaza
- Roselle Park (Roselle ark Farmers’ Market, at Chestnut Street and East Grant Avenue)
- Scotch Plains (Scotch Plains Farmers’ Market, Municipal Parking Lot at 430 Park Avenue)
- Springfield (66 Mountain Avenue)
- Summit (Park & Shop #2, at Maple Street and DeForest Avenue)
- Westfield (NJ Transit Railroad Station, North Avenue Parking Lot)
For more information about the Farmers’ Market nutrition program, or any services provided by the Division of Aging and Disability Resource in the Union County Department of Human Services, call 1-888-280-8226, or visit online here. Please note that in-person services may be limited or modified due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.