The Union County Board of County Commissioners announced the launch of the “Empowering Our Youth” Summer Employment Program. Now open to applicants, this program is run by the Union County Division of Youth Services and is offered to County residents ages 16 through 24 years old.
This employment program is offering both full-time and part-time positions at various locations at $15 an hour. The “Empowering Our Youth” Summer Employment Program can provide uniforms, transportation, and childcare to those looking for summer jobs.
- The deadline to apply is Thursday, May 19, 2022
- Click here to view and/or download an informational flyer for this event.
- Participants must meet WIOA qualifications, submit a complete application, and provide copies of birth certificate, social security card and unexpired ID for certification.
- Participants must attend orientation, interview, and career/skills assessment to start program.
- Apply online by clicking downloading the fillable PDF and filling it out, and then either dropping it off or emailing the completed application. You can also print out the application and fill it out.
- Drop-Off: 1143-1145 East Jersey Street, 4th Floor, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person: Want to fill out the application in person? No problem. Go to one of the following locations.
- DYS Youth Forward in Elizabeth, 1143-1145 East Jersey Street, 4th Floor
- One-Stop Center in Elizabeth, 921 Elizabeth Avenue
- American Job Center in Plainfield, 200 West Second Street, #4
Please contact Jasmine Sowah at 908-558-2523 with any questions.