August 10, 2023
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
1100 Summit Terrace Linden, NJ 07036
Mayor Derek Armstead, the City of Linden, and the Department of Parks & Recreation are pleased to announce that registration is open for the 2023 Fishing Season for all Linden children ages 5 through 18! Registration deadline is May 3, 2023. All children ages 5 through 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Ages 16 and older will need to purchase a fishing license.
Click here to view and/or download the informational flyer for this program.
- What: Hooked on Fishing. This program will teach children basic fishing skills, including how to string and bait a pole, how to cast a line and about local fishing regulations. We encourage you to bring your chair and snacks. Let’s enjoy the fishing season!
- When: Thursdays, May 4 through August 10, from 5:30pm until 7pm.
- May 4, May 11, May 18 and May 25.
- June 8, June 15, June 22 and June 29.
- July 6, July 13, July 20 and July 27.
- August 3 and August 10.
- **Fishing Derby is on Saturday, June 3, from 10am until 2pm, in honor of Butchie Scoles (awards to follow)**
- Where: Wilson Park, which is located at 1113 Summit Terrace.
- How: Registration deadline is Wednesday, May 3, 2023. All children ages 5 through 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Ages 16 and older will need to purchase a fishing license. To view full program description and register online, click here. In-person registration is available 9am until 4pm at the JTG Center (330 Helen Street) or the Linden Multi-Purpose Center (1025 John Street). Online registration available 24/7. For more information, email us here, or call 908-474-8639. All first time registrants are required to call during business hours to have an account set up. Please note: all new “first time” participants must bring the following original documents at the time of registration:
- Parent ID (i.e. driver’s license).
- Proof of Linden residency (i.e. utility bill).
- Birth certificate of child.