Welcome to the Linden Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Linden Police Department City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section below.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a report reference number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime. Any person who gives or causes to be given false information to any law enforcement officer, with respect to the commission of any crime or incident, is guilty of a fourth degree crime under the New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice (2C:28-4). Fourth degree crimes are punishable by a fine of not more than $ 1,000.00, or by imprisonment for not more than 18 months, or both.
Using the Linden Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:
Harassing Phone Call, Lost Property, Theft, Traffic Complaint, Vandalism.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on “Select Incident” to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list or if the incident you are reporting has a suspect, you should call the Linden Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 908-474-8500) to file your report.
Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
- Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 908-474-8500.
- Question: What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
- Answer: No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Linden Police Department please call the police department for that city.
- Question: What is a known suspect?
- Answer: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.