Mayor Derek Armstead, the City of Linden, and the Department of Parks & Recreation are pleased to offer youth and adult sewing programs.
Click here to view and/or download the informational flyer for this program.
- What: Youth and adult sewing classes. Classes are grouped by age range.
- Creative Hand Sewing (ages 8 through 12): learning basic hand-sewing stitches.
- Machine Sewing (ages 13 through 17): foundational skills of measuring, cutting fabric, pinning, and sewing by machine and by hand. Sewing machines provided for use!
- Adult Sewing (ages 18 and up): students will choose their own sewing pattern! All details regarding fabric and patterns will be discussed during the first class. Sewing machines provided for use!
- Where: John T. Gregorio Center, which is located at 330 Helen Street.
- When: Six week program. Every Tuesday beginning on May 2, 2023 through June 13, 2023.
- Ages 8 through 12, from 3:30pm until 4:30pm
- Ages 13 through 17, from 5pm until 6:30pm.
- Ages 18 and up, from 7pm until 8:30pm.
- How: $75 for the youth sewing program. $100 for the adult sewing program. To view full class description and register online, click here. For more information, email here or call (908) 474-8600. In-person registration is available 9am – 4pm at the JTG Center, 330 Helen Street or the Linden Multi-Purpose Center, 1025 John Street. Online registration is available 24/7.