Memorial Day Weekend W/COVID-19
The Governor is expected to sign an Executive Order today opening beaches and lakefronts Memorial Day Weekend with a number of restrictions.
- The number of people on beaches and lake fronts must be limited.
- Beaches cannot be made “private” by opening only to residents.
- 6-foot minimum social distancing must be exercised
- No organized games or special events that draw a crowd
- Face coverings recommended
- No amusement parks, playgrounds or visitor centers can be opened
- State Park bathrooms will be opened going forward
Guidance from the Governor’s office regarding public pools is expected by Monday at the latest.